Friday, June 9, 2006

Uncle Ong’s 大寿

Thank God for bringing me through fiveeeee papers!!!

Thankful for Kai Qin’s 绿豆汤, Ee Jin’s invitation to watch tonight's match, Liang Zhou’s screwdriver (and invitations to watch England’s matches), and *cough cough* , I’m still drinking Jian Kang’s 板蓝根.

Mama once said that my hostel room shouldn’t house more than two people cos it becomes crammed, stuffy and unbearable. Uncle Ong aka Weilie’s 30th birthday surprise last night brought THIRTY people into Zhijian 夫妇’s room. Thought Jian Kang summed it up pretty well: Greenhouse effect.

小妹 Ruyin preparing the “cakes”




















Sorrrrieeee… I was basically tagging along behind, so I managed no shots at all of Weilie’s suppose-to-be-surprised face. In fact, I almost had to elbow my way through, jump, peep, before I saw the birthday man’s face! Hee, thankfully, Kai Qin “chope-d” a small section of the bed in his room for me, so once I managed to get into the room, I got a good view of the celebration!

First off, Jia Song presented a “兽” calligraphy to represent 寿比南山 His Korean girl---friend wrote a “伟”. The paper was torn, so it literally becomes 伟…裂.

The others gave him this frame with something about a “30 Years Old Virgin”.




















Tadaaaa!!! Blow the candles, cut the cake!







































After all the hype in the room, we moved down and out of 勺园 onto the green grass field.















Not long after, the power supply to the entire 勺园 was cut off due to some maintenance work. How memorable indeed… The three blocks together, with their pitch dark corridors, looked like a haunted mansion right out of some movie. =P

Tadaaaaa!!! Almost 1am…















Fri-DAY saw a very stressed me faced with my fifth paper. Ahhhh…do not 临时抱佛脚!!!

Friday NIGHT, Uncle Ong’s birthday celebration continued with a yummilicious vegetarian dinner @…




















Year 1 scholars...四朵花! I caught one of the “flowers”, Yvonne, staring at me over dinner. She noticed my eyessss!!!! Somewhere along the week, I got a double right eyelid! *poof!* Just like that… Now I have大小眼!!!















Looks like eel yeah? This is fried mushroom! We loved it so much each table placed a second order.















Why oh why do these sausages taste so much like reeeal sausages?




















Finally, I’ve been hoping to try 水煮鱼, a famous川菜, basically made up of fresh-water fish, water, oil and lotsa 麻辣. The vegetarian version here was gooood! The “fish” slices even had fish skin on them!















After a satisfying dinner, Uncle Ong received his 寿桃 and birthday cake!


























































Apparently, he had requested for book vouchers or cash (something practical I guess), but the former were not available and the latter inappropriate. Hence, the group “stole” his food card and topped it up with 400rmb! Should last him one semester eh… ;)















Too touched??















大场面!















Chinese Majors...















Wei Hao giving a thumbs-up for the peach. Only knew today that he’s a scholar from CAS (Civil Aviation…errrr…)…




















Cake for our table! Mama always ask for the cream…why oh why…















Yeah! This pic brings back memories of the time when we first arrived at PKU and Uncle Ong brought us around…















Tomorrow is Junyuan’s 21st birthday! Finally…finally…got to tell him that I used to see him on Bus No: 961 whenever we went to school, he at HC and I at NJ. Shunyi and Jasmine from CS were his “granddaughters” too…Such a small world indeed! Oh, Junyuan’s a PSC scholar, and so are Melissa and Regina.















I just have to say this: I am not shorter than Liang Zhou! Saved him the trouble of tiptoeing…=P














Meiying and I…how did Chek pop in…?!















Sobz…so touched…Liang Zhou finally allowed me on his bike (without saying that I would burst his tyres!), and ferried me back.















Oooooo…I think the Chinese commentators are cool. As I’m typing this blog, they successfully grabbed my attention each time before the past 3 goals were scored. Nice!

Ah…And in celebration of World Cup 2006’s opening, I’m going shopping!!! Haha… =P

*cough cough*…

gRacE =)

No comments:

Post a Comment