Thursday, June 8, 2006

As “Promised”

Closed my first-ever second-hand deal with Swimpig on a 15rmb capo!

I wonder too what caused the delay in me phoning SK. Last night, with every “truuuu-truuuuu””, my heart went “tooop! tooop!” Haha, the limitations of a language…

When he finally picked up his mobile, he asked why I chose to call at that time. Honestly, I answered that I was afraid he was at some kopitiam with his kakis, 翘起脚在喝酒. ;)

We had an amazingly long chat, about results…CS…friendship…future, and even the World Cup. He teased me of the time I brought a banana to school; chided me for bang-sehing him in journalism for PPC; updated me on “happenings”; tested me on each of our clique’s birthdays, and used my own words against me with regards to an ex-close-platonic friend. I haven’t laughed so much ever since I came to Beijing.

In closing, SK jokingly summed up his part of the conversation with the following <四字经>:

“你很漂亮!
我很想你!
快点回来!”

Thanks friend. In 106 you said you wanted to be a candle…I have certainly been touched by your warmth and light. Stay cheerful, Beckham-n-Bae Yong Jun wannabe! =P

Translation

At the beginning of the exam, every once in a few minutes, the winds howled, doors along the corridor were slammed, and we heard the shattering of glass. Dramatic.

I have always been amazed by how the locals learn the hard sciences in Chinese. Our translation passage today was about Eintein, hence terms like mass, energy, relativity etc had to be translated. Thankfully (to my trusty Oxford dictionary!), those were not problematic. Just that until now, I am still unable to effectively translate “Later on in life…” Hmmm...

gRacE =)

No comments:

Post a Comment