Sunday, June 11, 2006

Revelations!

It’s always nice to have dear friends keep in touch, even if it’s just through a simple mail.

"anywya, some minor updates from home, gracia's back already, i havent seen her yet, but shes sick ah. quite sick i heard, so u better drink lotsa water and prepare urself physically for the change from china to singapore ah.

and secondly, melissa and lance are married already. serious. pics are up at mel's blog. i see i oso kena stun. so young married liao leh. u dun chu stunt and marry some china boy ah. im a 100 times better."

I read and re-read SQ’s last paragraph. I don’t think I was consciously thinking, but I sure was overwhelmed with unidentifiable emotions. All I wanted to do then was to verify the truth, through Mel’s blog and whoever I could contact. I then realised that almost everyone from church was at Port Dickson, Malaysia, for the annual church camp.

To say that I was surprised is an understatement. SQ was right…STUNNED is a better word. Not just because the couple are the first friends of mine to tie the knot, but also because we never saw it coming! Hmm…then again, me in China and SQ in Tekong…

Anyway, my sincerest blessings to Mr. and Mrs. Lance Oh!!! ;)

Hurting, but Hopeful

Dick Dowsett from England shared the message at BICF this morning, centring on 2 Corinthians 4:6-5:9. His message caught my attention right from the beginning to the end, and he didn’t lose me a bit. I see God’s empowerment through this humble speaker, and older believers like him who has roughed it out, and seen many others through lives’ ups and downs, have certainly encouraged me.

How many times have you read or heard the passage on Treasures in Jars of Clay? I have, umpteen times, and they have become mere words…well, at least till today. More and more, I am coming to understand our vulnerability (a physical body that is fading away, and having so many things that are beyond our control), and in contrast, God’s absolute power.

I have so many faults. It is so tempting to live for the approval of self and man. When is the day people will look at me and say, “Wow…What a wonderful God!”

I am not in a valley low at the moment, but when God decides that I should walk that path in the future, I pray that I will remember that I am “hard pressed on each side but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed”.

My God can be trusted. There is HOPE. I have HOPE.

gRacE =D

No comments:

Post a Comment